Joomla is a free and open-source content management system written in PHP. The CMS is built entirely by volunteers from all over the world and has a strong community that provide educational resources, and extensions.
Flexible & Easily Extendable System
- Joomla has thousands of verified third party extensions which can be easily found on the Joomla Extensions Directory - extensions.joomla.org.
- There are also thousands of high quality templates available, a great number of which are free. Paid templates are also available and come with world class support. Many templates provide a graphical user interface (GUI) which allow you to change colours, fonts, layouts and features without touching a line of code!
- The layout and overrides system and built in extendable functions make it easy to create customised solutions including:
- Custom Layouts
- Language overrides
- Template overrides
- Custom CSS
- A wealth of free documentation and video training make learning Joomla a breeze make sure to visit:
- docs.joomla.org - our official wiki
- training.joomla.org - a repository of video tutorials created by OSTraining
- forum.joomla.org - the official Joomla community forum - it’s manned by hundreds of thousands of users, all who are happy to share their knowledge and expertise with you!
Search Engine Optimized
- Joomla has powerful SEO tools built and ready right out of the box
- Metadata and Keywords
- Mod_rewrite support for SEF URLs
- Menu creation built with the thought of creating clear and consistent sitemaps
- Every time you create an article or a menu item, it automatically creates an alias for its default PHP string so that the links to particular pages are both user and search engine friendly.
- Each menu item can have its own meta description, keywords and robots settings, allowing you to customize the SEO settings for your content to give optimal availability and searchability. These features allow you to make the most important parts of your content shine out among other similar websites, giving you the technical edge.
Free & Open-source (forever)
- Joomla is created, maintained and supported by a unique volunteer community who believe that it should be freely available to everyone, always.
- Joomla is also surrounded by an extensive ecosystem of extension developers, designers, integrators, copywriters, support personnel, system/server administrators, people from all walks of IT life, who believe passionately in Free Forever Open Source Solutions.
- You get the benefit of thousands of hours of development time and expertise from programmers around the world free for you to use. Being free and open source also means that if you need to change webmasters, many others are available without having to rebuild your site!
Security Conscious Cevelopment with Clean Track Record
With a codebase designed to be robust, Joomla also features built in two-factor authentication and extensive access control levels out of the box. Joomla‘s dedicated Security Strike Team always strives to be ahead of the curve and has a reputation for releasing patches before exploits are widely known in the wild.
Jomla is multilngual and providesover 70 translation packs that is avalible in the core and out of the box. Allowing developer and content managers to create multilingual websites with ease.
Build Powerful PHP Applications
Joomla is not only a CMS, but also a stable and lightweight PHP framework which allows you to write web and command line applications in PHP. The Joomla Framework is easy to adapt and extend according to your needs. The CMS and framework are independent from each other, no need to install the CMS to use the framework.
Joomla is free and open-source and released under the GNU General Public License.